What Can Compounding Do For You?
The beauty of compounding is that it allows your doctor to customize your treatment to your specific needs. At the Pharmacy Place, we are happy to work closely with your Physician to achieve this.
There are several compounding bases available in the market. We believe that the one size does not fit all idea also applies to the bases. We make sure that the active and inactive ingredients of your medication is truly customized to your needs.
There are several reasons why your doctor may choose compounding for you, some of which includes:
- Taste: This can be a challenge especially in the very young. We can make this easier by formulating your child’s medication in a more appealing form. We have a wide range of flavors that can be used to mask unpleasant tasting medicines .We can also make them into lollipops, lozenges etc.
- Availability: Pharmaceutical companies sometimes choose to discontinue Pharmaceuticals for different reasons, including low demand. We understand that even though the particular medication may not be profitable to the companies, some patients have gained relief from these products and we are quite happy to compound them for your individual consumption.
- Side Effects: Some everyday household medicines can cause serious side effects; for example Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like Ibuprofen. This can be avoided or reduced by compounding these medicines into a cream form for instance when being used for ailments like Arthritic pain or swelling.
- Allergies: Some patients may be allergic to some inactive excipients e.g., dyes, starch, vehicles etc. We can work with your Physician to formulate alternatives that are free of these excipients. Our staff believe that true compounding should include every component in the final product.
- Bioidentical hormone creams, troches, melts etc.
- Topical pain products.
- Skin Care Products
- Dental products.
- Suspensions, capsules, lollipops, & suppositories.
Are you a doctor/dentist/vet looking for compounded products for your patients or office use?
Call us today at 972 867 6141,and we will be happy to help.